Time flies, and we get older – it’s the natural circle of life. This also happens with our pets. After years, these pets won’t maintain the adorable and innocent look as a puppy like the first days we adopt them. But they’re still friendly, affectionate, and smart as they used to be. These pets may be old enough to drive but still love being cuddled. They become a beloved member of the family and a true friend of ours. It’s not easy to think of the day we have to say goodbye to them.
In this post, I’m glad to share 20 elderly pets who still offer love and comfort to humans around them. They’re our best companions, regardless of their age. Shopping at the supermarket with them, going hiking with them, travelling with them… there are a lot to do with our pets. If you are also having pets, share us cute pictures of these friends. Having them in life will make it less boring. Even sassy pets also bring us a lot of fun.
1. Today she’s no longer a teenager
2. My snuggly 16-year-old girl doing what she does best
3. This is Rufus! He’s a 13-year-old Australian cattle dog mix who enjoys being stinky and yelling. He’s a very good boy
4. Lady, it’s been 18 years — do we still have to take a million photos every day?
5. Today is my Olive’s sweet 16. Help me wish a very happy birthday to this stoic little tube of love
6. My dad and my 16-year-old cat, Kitty, also known as the ’cat he didn’t want’ 16 years ago
7. My cat turns 14 years old tomorrow and still joins me when I go hiking
8. This lovely little Abigail is nearly 20 but she’s still just a baby to us
9. When I adopted 14-year-old Francis, I was told I would have a few weeks with her. Today, we celebrated one year together!
10. My childhood cat, Abby, just turned 20! She’s the sweetest
11. Happy twenty-first birthday, Mario
12. This is my 17-year-old dog, Runty. I’ve had him since he was born and he means the world to me
13. It’s Max’s fifteenth birthday today
14. This is Sadie. She’s 17
15. Happy fourteenth birthday to my old fart! Let’s hope for many more years, JJ
16. This is my old boy, Link. He’s 10 and still very much a puppy! And he sure loves smoochin
17. Zoe just turned 17 but she still likes to party
18. My old man, Harpo, napping as an 18-year-old kitty
19. Old Man Ted (15) got new jammies
20. Everyone meet Tripp! He’s 18 years old. Don’t know what I would do without him